The Martin's

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sassy

This morning Ella was a bit of a sassy little princess. I made her some rice cereal for breakfast, which she will rarely eat lately because she wants to eat food that she can pick up and feed herself. But I decided to feed it to her because she really does like it. When I was fixing it she was pointing at it grinning because she wanted it NOW. But when I tried to feed it to her, she threw her head back and started shaking her head. I finally got a bite into her mouth and she realized that she really did want it. But apparently I was not feeding it to her fast enough! Between bites she would start kicking her feet and pointing at the bowl. She hadn't even swallowed the last bite before she started flipping out! She ate the cereal in about 2.2 seconds and then she was mad because it was gone. So I got out the bread (which she usually loves) she looked at it and started shaking her head "no" and tried to hit the bread out of my hands. Until I put a piece of it into her mouth, then she realized that she really did want the bread. She quit throwing a temper tantrum long enough to eat about 5 bites, then she decided it wasn't good enough. So she started throwing a temper tantrum AGAIN. So I got out her little yogurt bites that she usually loves. Once again she started flipping out and trying to hit those out of my hands, until she put one in her mouth. When all of the yogurt bites were gone she once again began to throw a temper tantrum. I gave her some milk and this was apparently acceptable for little miss princess because she took it and grinned. I have NO idea who she gets this from.... Dont let this innocent little face fool you!

1 comment:

The Smith Family said...

I sure hope she didn't learn it from Gavin....:) He's never like that........