The Martin's

Monday, August 18, 2008

Best Friend

"A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway."

My friend Janelle Smith is the best! I told her to update her blog so that I could have something to read because it had been far too long since she had last done it. She sent me a text a while later telling me that she had blogged. It took me a while to be able to read it because it's like the Hogle Zoo here today. My darling nephew Gabe is here today and him and Jax are on a mission to drive me crazy! When they aren't running around the house like monkeys, they are at each others throats because they are fighting over the same toy. It doesn't matter that there are at least a hundred other toys laying around, they have to fight over the same toy just because the other one has it. Then Lil miss Ella is getting into everything she can, including the toilet!!! Disgusting! After thoroughly sanitizing her hands and the floor, I looked around at my house and wanted to lay down in the middle of the one hundred toys and scream! Instead of doing that I thought I would take a minute of ME time to read Janelle's latest blog entry. Instead of writing about something that she had done recently she wrote about "The top 10 reasons why I love Carlie Martin" that instantly made me smile because knowing Janelle I knew it would be funny. Not only was it funny, it was also very sweet and it made my day!! I was able to take a deep breath and resist the urge to throw a temper tantrum like my beautiful daughter. So thank you Janelle for making me smile!! Thank you for always listening to me complain about how fat I am when I have just consumed an entire bag of powdered sugar donettes, and instead of telling me that I am a disgusting pig you tell me that I will do better tomorrow. Thank you for always being there, and for just being you!!
Love ya!
http://acoupleofnuts.blogspot.com/2008/08/top-10-reasons-why-i-love-carlie-martin.html

1 comment:

The Smith Family said...

Haha! Thank you! I'm glad I could help out the "Zoo Keeper!" I'm just glad my son isn't the only one who gets into the toilet.... LOVE YA!