The Martin's

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Last day of Preschool

Today was Jaxson's very last day of Preschool. When he woke up this morning I asked him if he was excited to go to school and have "circus day" he said "Yes I'm excited for circus day, but Mommy I'm sad dat dis is my very last day of preschool. I will miss both of my teachers and all of my friends dat I have made." I told him that the last day of school means that it is summertime and we get to do all kinds of fun things...his response to this was "Does dat mean I get to run though da sprinklers whenever I want?" My guess is that he will be outside as often as he can running through the sprinklers and playing in the mud!

After I dropped him off I realized that was the last time I would ever pull up in front of preschool and watch him walk up the driveway with his school bag on his shoulder, and a grin on his face because he couldn't wait to see all of his friends. I was sad driving home...however my princess daughter made me quickly forget that I was sad when she started throwing multiple temper tantrums and whining throughout the 2 1/2 hours that Jaxson was at school. When I got to preschool to pick him up and pulled in line with the other parents waiting for their kids I was sad once again. I wont get to watch him walk out of preschool with his arm shading his eyes because the sun is too bright, and looking down the line of cars to find me, then waving with a huge grin on his face when he sees me and getting into the car excitedly telling me all about everything that had happened at school. Luckily my camera was in my purse and I got a few pictures of him standing in the driveway waiting for the teacher to walk him to the car for the very last time. I can't believe he will be going to Kindergarten next year! He has had so much fun at preschool learning new things and making new friends. He even got a preschool diploma! I'm so proud of him and can't believe how fast he is growing up!

No comments: