On Easter we went to my Mom's house for our traditional Easter brunch, needless to say I ate entirely too much food. I think everybody ate too much, but the food tasted sooo good and none of us seemed to have a full button that day. After we had our delicious food we went outside so that the kids could have an Easter egg hunt. Jax and Gabe immediately started running all over the backyard searching for eggs and after about 30 seconds Ella caught on too. After the kids had found all of their eggs we went to the front yard for the adult Easter egg hunt. Every year my mom usually hides a "golden egg" for all of the "big kids" to find. Inside the egg is $100, for us poor folk that is a really big deal! Although I am ashamed to admit that Nick and I have NEVER been the ones to find the egg! This year Colby found it, and the years before that Dani and Derek found it. I think it's rigged...either that or Nick and I just really suck at Easter egg hunts. After the kids and adults had found the eggs the kids played outside with some of the things the Easter Bunny had brought them, then we went inside and proceeded to eat even more food. Which was totally unnecessary but so good and so worth it! As usual the Easter brunch was fabulous and we all had so much fun.
1 comment:
I think your mom meant to tell you to invite me to this and you must have forgotten....can I claim her as my mommy for all holidays????
Post a Comment