Last night at dinner Jax told Nick and I that he wanted to sleep in his tent, we brought the tent upstairs to his room and put his sleeping bag and pillow in it, and that is where he slept. He had a huge grin on his face when he was getting into the tent, he looked at Nick and I and said "Is this what campers do? Because I want to be just like a camper." I wasn't sure if he would last the whole night in the tent because he was a little afraid that he was going to get scared, but he made it all night and I'm pretty sure that is where he will be sleeping again tonight!
The Martin's
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Jax goes camping...in his room
Jaxson got a tent for his birthday from my mom, it came with a sleeping bag, water bottle, compass and ID tags. He wanted to set up his tent during his birthday party on Sunday because he was so excited about it, but I told him he needed to wait until the next day to set it up. So as soon as he woke up Monday morning he wanted it set up, and he was very impatient while I was putting it together, which only took a few minutes but to an excited little boy, that is a lifetime. We set it up in his playroom and he put his sleeping bag in it along with a few of his new birthday toys. I put the portable DVD player in there and he ate fruit snacks while he watched a movie. When Ella woke up from her nap she immediately wanted to go in the tent with big brother, Jax thought this was a good idea until she started "bugging" him too bad.
Last night at dinner Jax told Nick and I that he wanted to sleep in his tent, we brought the tent upstairs to his room and put his sleeping bag and pillow in it, and that is where he slept. He had a huge grin on his face when he was getting into the tent, he looked at Nick and I and said "Is this what campers do? Because I want to be just like a camper." I wasn't sure if he would last the whole night in the tent because he was a little afraid that he was going to get scared, but he made it all night and I'm pretty sure that is where he will be sleeping again tonight!
Last night at dinner Jax told Nick and I that he wanted to sleep in his tent, we brought the tent upstairs to his room and put his sleeping bag and pillow in it, and that is where he slept. He had a huge grin on his face when he was getting into the tent, he looked at Nick and I and said "Is this what campers do? Because I want to be just like a camper." I wasn't sure if he would last the whole night in the tent because he was a little afraid that he was going to get scared, but he made it all night and I'm pretty sure that is where he will be sleeping again tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That;s so fun! We need to go real camping this year!
Post a Comment